Thursday, April 30, 2009
A little distracted this week......
I am still working on the career research essay--should bring into lab for tutor review today or tomorrow..BUT- whoever reads this, please say a prayer for my Father, who is in St. Francis Hospital on Long Island...he had a heart valve replaced Tuesday, and as of now--is still not all the way out of the anesthesia....it's hard to keep my thoughts on my work until I know he is safe and "out of the woods". He is still in ICU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hello Debbie, I am sorry to hear about your father. I will certainly say a prayer for him. It may seem hard, but try not to worry too much. When we encounter situations like this it's hard to focus. Try and surround yourself with your close friends and family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteHi Josh,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your prayers and concern. Your words are very inspirational and I can see you at any pulpit right now. I have been in touch with my minister.
This morning, on my way to my Tai-Chi class my mind was flooded with all the hymns I remembered from church services...I was trying to stay as positive as I could, then as I was parking I got the call I was waiting for from my sister--it was either going to be good or bad news (stroke or not)......Well, she told me she asked the doctor what the results were of the cat scan from yesterday---he said I don't have to --look at your father! He was sitting up--was talking-eating and even tried to get up by himself to go to the bathroom! What a remarkable
100 % improvement from yesterday--as my sister described--he "looked like a stroke victim".
It turns out that he had a little bit of air in the blood/brain--and it just took 3 days to disperse.
He will still need some rehab--but he will make a full recovery! All my prayers were answered!
BUT--as soon as my sister told me the good news--a flood of emotions came out of me---I cried uncontrollably for about 20 minutes--almost like a anxiety attack--thank God I was on my way to Tai-Chi. My classmates embraced me--and my instructor talked me down--and helped me "breath" I was sobbing so bad, I could hardly breath. It was just 4 days of pent up emotions that just all came out at once--I was trying to be the "big sister" keeping her spirits up-she was the one going back/forth to the hospital everyday...and here I am 3000 miles away.
Later in the day I even got to talk to him! He was lucent, and sounded the same to me--just a little groggy and slow--but who wouldn't be after having open heart surgery?! Do you know they actually put your body temp to almost freezing - stop your heart , attach you to a marching that works your heart & lungs to keep your organs alive while they operate (you're actually dead during the operation) and then they bring you back to life once they reattach the heart from the machine. AMAZING ! He was happy he said to have "a valve job" and wants to go home because he has a lot of work to do......Anyway, I am rambling--only because this seems to be some kind of therapy for me--to let it out from fingers to paper....very therapeutic.
So Josh -- what do you think about the topic FEELINGS for our category essay!? I sure am hot on that one today---I felt almost everyone in the book--fear, anxiety, helplessness, loneliness, frustration, happiness, confusion, yadayadayada....
I hope you get to see this before tomorrow.
Debbie