Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm So excited!! Just received the "Girlfriend Factor" Scholarship

WOW--what an honor...Out of tons of applicants, only 6 of us were newly awarded this scholarship--which will at least help pay for the books and supplies. They had an award luncheon at Ruth's Chris. There were at least 100 people there.. A little intimidating at first, but I had no problem getting up to "tell my story" and let them know how honored I felt to be selected to be a Coachella Valley "Girlfriend". Check out their web page.. Soon my picture and story will be there under "recipients". http://www.thegirlfriendfactor.org/.

I applied for about 10 other scholarships! I hope I will be just as lucky, but there are lots more competition in the others, especially, the COD scholarship.

I never, ever thought I would even attempt to apply. The process is tedious and most of them require that you write an essay about yourself, etc. Well, props to Murphy--ever since I've been going to his class, my fear of writing has diminished and I find it easier and easier each time--when the topic is about something I can relate to or have had personal experience with.

If you haven't tried it--give it a shot. What have you got to loose? Nothing--but if you don't even try, then you do loose out.

Good night for now--see you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment